Select Your Vehicle

View Cart

Stop Light Feed Signal Circuit Options for a 2006 International 4300 Truck


Controller installation - 2006 International 4300 truck. Where do you tie in to get the 12 volt brake light signal? The brake pedal switch is not a 12 volt system.

asked by: Walter

Expert Reply:

If the brake pedal switch is not a 12 volt system on your 2006 International 4300 truck, another option would be to get the voltage from the the third brake light circuit. Sometimes this circuit is abbreviated as CHMSL. The reason you would not want to use the tail light brake light circuit is that if your brake light and turn signals were on the same circuit your brake controller would pulse with the blinker.

I would recommend you use a circuit tester like the # 3808 to find the wire that carries the brake light voltage to the tail light assembly and use it for the brake light signal on your Tekonsha Voyager brake controller #9030.

expert reply by: Jameson C

Jameson C

Have a question for the experts? click here.

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Questions and Comments about this Question

it will not work the same wire works the directional ever time you put the directional on trailer brake will activate

comment by: jimmy t - 12/7/2012

If the truck has a CHMSL, Center High Mount Stoplight, that is a circuit that can be used.

Patrick B - 12/10/2012

More Answers about Brake Controller >

Featured Help Information

Installation InstructionsInstructions for 39510