Please send me a current link of the video showing how to install this into my 2000 grand cherokee.The link on your website may be expired. Thanks
asked by: Ernie
We do not currently have an video demonstrating the installation of the # 42535 on a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but the installation process is pretty straight forward.
The install on your vehicle would go as follows:
1. You will locate your vehicle taillight wiring harness. This harness
will have the same connector end as the # 42535 connector, and will be located by removing the driver side panel in the rear of the vehicle.
2. Remove protective cap from the vehicle taillight wiring harness, if it exists. This cap is not installed on all vehicles. Disconnect the plugs by releasing the locking tab, and pull them apart.
3. At this point, it is a good idea to apply a small amount of grease to all electrical connections
to help prevent corrosion.
4. Plug the # 42535 connector into the matching vehicle plug. Be sure the connectors are fully inserted and you hear a good click from the locking tabs. You will also plug the trailer connector side of the wiring harness into the black converter box.
5. Use a circuit tester to test all the functions with engine running, to make sure the harness is functioning correctly.
I have included a link to some additional information on wiring for towing, as well as an installation video for a similar wiring harness, if needed.
expert reply by: Sarah L
Have a question for the experts? click here.
Product Page this Question was Asked From
Trailer Hitch Wiring
Featured Help InformationTrailer Wiring Diagrams