Rhino Rack Roof Cargo Carrier - RMF400
70" x 30-11/16" x 16-1/2". With 14 cu ft of storage, this cargo box is great for short skis, snowboards and other gear. The Master-Fit system lets you quickly mount the box on your roof rack, and the locking lid opens from both sides.
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides enclosed storage for your gear
- Perfect for short skis, snowboards, luggage, golf clubs and more
- Master-Fit mounting system allows safe and easy installation in seconds
- Mounts to round, square, aero/elliptical and most factory crossbars
- Turn the knobs to tighten jaws around your crossbars and push the built-in buttons to lock them in place
- The clamps slide along tracks inside the box to accommodate different crossbar spreads
- Requires special fit kit (RUBK-MF; sold separately) for use on Rhino-Rack Heavy-Duty crossbars
- Dual-side-opening lid allows access to cargo from the passenger's side and the driver's side of your vehicle
- Key locks on each side of the box keep your cargo safe and secure
- 2 Keys included
- Key cannot be removed until the latch is closed
- Aerodynamic shape reduces wind noise and drag
- 4 Anchor points inside box provide places to tie down your gear
- Anchors are attached to metal reinforcement rails that run along the underside of the box for added strength and stability
- 2 Nylon luggage straps included to secure your gear
- Constructed of strong, ultra-light ABS plastic that resists impact, inclement weather and harsh UV rays
- Made in USA
- Color: silver
- Carrying capacity: 14 cu ft of storage space
- Application: round, square, aero/elliptical and most factory crossbars
- Maximum crossbar dimensions: 3-1/2" wide x 1-1/3" tall
- Crossbar spread: 25" - 32"
- External dimensions: 70" long x 30-3/4" wide x 16-1/2" tall
- Internal dimensions: 66" long x 28" wide x 13" tall at the highest internal point
- Weight capacity: 165 lbs
- Box weight: 32 lbs
- Strap dimensions: 1" wide x 78" long
- 5-Year limited warranty
Add 14 cubic feet of safe and secure exterior storage to your vehicle's roof rack with this Rhino-Rack cargo box. The cargo box has enough space for short skis, snowboards, golf clubs and all your other outdoor equipment. Or you can just load it up with luggage for that weekend adventure.
This cargo carrier installs in just 5 minutes with Rhino-Rack's Master-Fit system. The Master-Fit clamps slide along tracks inside the box to accommodate your vehicle's crossbar spread.
The jaws tighten onto your crossbars with hand knobs and lock in place with large, built-in buttons. The system is designed to work with most roof-rack configurations.
To ensure the security of your gear, the cargo box has two keyed-alike locks - one per side - built into the lid. Each key lock controls two interior locking points. These interior locking points securely latch the lid to the lower half of the box.
The cargo box lid opens from either the driver's side or passenger's side for maximum accessibility and convenience.
The interior of the cargo box includes four anchor points so you can tie down your gear with the included luggage straps. The anchor points are attached to metal reinforcement rails that run along the underside of the box, adding strength and stability to the anchor points and the box.
RMF400 Rhino-Rack Master-Fit Rooftop Cargo Box - 14 Cu Ft - Gray
Customers compare RMF400 to these similar products
Ask the Experts about this Rhino Rack Roof Cargo Carrier
- Will a Rhino Rack Cargo Box Allow the Rear Hatch to Open on a 2011 Toyota Matrix
- The mounting feet in the Rhino Rack cargo box # RMF400 do slide forwards or backwards some to provide more clearance for the rear hatch on the 2011 Toyota Matrix. However, the antenna may also be in the way and may need to be removed or bent down for a box to fit.
What you might be interested in is a cargo bag, like # 59100. This bag can sit on or in between the crossbars (if there is space) and provides 15 cubic feet of storage space. With this bag mounted you should not have any interferenc
view full answer...
- Quality of Rhino Rack Cargo Carriers versus Quality of Thule Cargo Carriers
- Rhino-Rack produces quality products that are very similar in style to both Thule and Yakima, with the main differences between the cargo carriers being in their features.
I took the Rhino-Rack Carrier, part # RMF400 that you referenced and compared it to the Thule Pulse, part # TH614 which is of equal capacity and came to the following conclusion -
Both Rhino-Rack # RMF400 and Thule # TH614 hold 14 cubic feet of cargo, fits most factory crossbars, have key locks, have luggage straps insi
view full answer...