Roadmaster Tow Bar Braking Systems - RM-9100
The BrakeMaster supplemental braking system ensures proportional, synchronized braking by connecting directly to your RV's brakes. Unique design applies your car's brakes with the same intensity as you apply to the brakes in your RV. Brakeaway so does not include the BrakeAway kit.
- Direct, proportional braking design ensures synchronized, reliable braking
- Braking system works with almost any vehicle
- Motor home must have air or air-over-hydraulic brakes
- Towed vehicle must have power brakes - with or without ABS
- LED display in your motor home will alert you whenever the towed vehicle's brakes are applied
- Compact, lightweight design is easy to connect, disconnect and store
- Does not include breakaway kit
- BrakeMaster system meets the braking requirements of both the US and Canada
- Made in the USA
- Is approximately 2'
- May require vehicle-specific seat bracket
Perhaps the best supplemental braking system on the market, BrakeMaster offers truly proportional, synchronized braking by connecting directly to your RV's air or air-over-hydraulic brakes. The air cylinder that attaches to your towed vehicle's brake pedal can apply your car's brakes at the same time and with the same intensity as you apply to the brakes in the RV. Not having pre-set braking speeds means that your towed vehicle will stop at just the right intensity, allowing for better control and preventing excessive wear on its brakes.
Universal application works with almost any RV having hydraulic brakes and can fit nearly any car, although a seat adapter may be required for installation in certain vehicles. Because BrakeMaster connects directly to your RV's air or air-over-hydraulic brakes, installation is quite involved and requires an advanced mechanical background.
Customers compare RM-9100 to these similar products
Customers Who Purchased This Tow Bar Braking Systems Also Bought...
Replacement parts available for this product
Ask the Experts about this Roadmaster Tow Bar Braking Systems
Do you have a question about this Tow Bar Braking Systems?
- The LED Light on the Brake Master is Good, but Will Not Light When the Brakes are Applied
- The Roadmaster Brake Light Relay for Towed Vehicles, item # RM-88400, is designed to keep the brake signal from overriding the towed vehicle turn signals and would not affect the LED light on the motor home dash. It could be a missed wire or loose connection somewhere.
Most likely the connection at the towed vehicles brake light switch, under the dash behind the brake pedal, is disconnected or not properly installed. The red power wire should be attached to the cold side of the stop light swi
view full answer...
- Recommended parts for Flat Towing a 2003 Chevy Avalanche
- First, you will need to consult the vehicle owners manual to determine if your 2003 Chevy Avalanche can be flat towed. Some models require special parts (such as a transmission lube pump or drive shaft coupling). If you find your model can be flat towed, you will need to start with base plates.
For a 1500, use Roadmaster XL Base Plates, # 199-5. For a 2500, use # 3112-1. If your truck came with a brushguard, the base plates will not fit unless the brushguard is removed.
Next you will need
view full answer...
- What Are the Different Supplemental Braking Options when Flat Towing a Vehicle
- There are a few different options for supplemental braking that you can use when flat towing the vehicle. The systems I recommend are what are called Portable Proportional Systems. One example is the Even Brake, # RM-9400.
A proportional system works like a proportional brake controller would. It applies the vehicle brakes in proportion to how much the tow vehicle is braking. This is the safest way to stop and it reduces wear and tear on both vehicles.
We actually have a handy FAQ article
view full answer...