Thule Trunk Bike Racks - TH9010XT
Premium Hold Fast cradles and the patented FitDial mounting system make the Archway an affordable yet exceptional trunk bike rack. It includes independently adjustable arms, a body designed to fit over factory spoilers, and a built-in cable lock.
- Trunk-mounted carrier transports up to 3 bicycles
- Long, arcing body tubes are designed specifically to fit vehicles with factory spoilers
- Hold Fast cradles offer road-dampening technology (RDT) and detachable anti-sway arms (No-Sway Cages)
- 2 Layers of cushioning absorb road shock and minimize vibration
- Anti-sway cradles with bumpers hold bike frames at 3 points to prevent sway and bike-to-bike contact
- Reinforced cradle straps provide maximum strength and durability
- Patented FitDial system with Quick-Fit levers ensures quick and easy setup
- Just identify the correct number for your vehicle, press the levers, and rotate the frame into position
- Cinch Levers let you adjust the arms independently to accommodate unique bike frames
- Also help to ensure that bikes are level on the rack
- Narrowly spaced arms make it easy to load bikes onto the rack
- Arms fold down for storage when the rack is not in use
- Some bike frames may require a bike adapter bar (sold separately)
- 6 Nylon attachment straps with rubber-coated hooks and cam buckles anchor the carrier securely to your vehicle
- Holders with hook-and-loop tabs secure excess strap length to protect your vehicle during transport
- Integrated locking cable with Thule One Key lock secures bikes to the rack
- Passive security strap (included) secures the carrier to your vehicle when trunk lid is closed and locked
- Oversize, molded foam foot pads help to prevent the rack from scratching your vehicle
- Blue load strap secures bikes to each other and to the rack to improve stability during transport
- Sturdy steel frame construction is durable and rust resistant
- Carrying capacity: 3 bikes
- Weight capacity: 105 lbs
- Limited lifetime warranty
Factory spoilers are always a potential hurdle when you are searching for a trunk-mounted bike rack. The Thule Archway is designed to clear that hurdle with long, arcing body tubes and a patented FitDial mounting system that ensures easy and irritation-free installation on your specific vehicle.
The patented FitDial system lets you easily adjust the rack body. Simply press the levers on the base and move the rack so that the arrows line up with the correct number on the dial. These numbers are specified in the instructions included with the rack. Just find your vehicle, identify the correct number, and dial away.
Hold Fast Cradles with RDT
Unique to Thule trunk-mounted racks, the Archway also includes premium Hold Fast anti-sway cradles with Road Dampening Technology (RDT), designed for use with carbon-frame bikes. RDT is composed of 2 layers. The inner layers of the cradles are made of soft "fingers" that flex to absorb large shocks and jolts from the road. The second, upper layer is composed of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE), a gel-like substance that gently but firmly cups your bike frame and enables the cradles to both absorb road shock and reduce vibration for a smoother ride. The cradles also include No-Sway Cages that provide a third contact point for the bike, preventing sway and bike-to-bike contact. The cages also have TPE bumpers that protect your bike frames from scratches.
Independently Adjustable Arms
The Archway has narrowly spaced arms that make loading and unloading bikes hassle free. These arms are independently adjustable with the built-in Cinch Levers. All you have to do is flip the lever up, rotate the arm to the desired position, then flip the lever down to lock the arm in place. This enables you to carry bikes with unique frames, and it helps to keep your bikes level on the rack. An adapter bar may be required, however, for some women's, children's, and alternative bike frames. These levers also allow you to fold down the arms when the rack is not in use and to fold the rack flat for storage when it's not mounted on your vehicle.
While the FitDial system ensures that the body of the rack is correctly spaced on your vehicle, it is the 6 nylon straps that keep the rack anchored in place. Padded hooks on these extra-strong straps prevent scratches on your vehicle, and the straps tighten in place with easy-to-use, backpack-style cinches. Holders with hook-and-loop tabs are included to bind up the excess strap length when the rack is mounted. Simply wrap the holders around the straps to help protect your vehicle from flapping straps.
The Archway includes an integrated cable lock to secure your bikes to the rack. The lock includes a Thule One Key cylinder so that you can make all your Thule products keyed alike. A trunk strap also is included for passive security. This steel-reinforced cable threads around the rack and through the trunk, securing the rack to your vehicle when the trunk lid is closed and locked.
Molded Rubber Pads
The Archway includes oversize, molded rubber pads on the body to ensure that your vehicle is protected at all contact points with the rack. These pads prevent the rack from scratching and abrading your vehicle's paint.
9010XT Thule Archway 3 Bike Carrier - Adjustable Arms - Trunk Mount
Customers compare TH9010XT to these similar products
Customers Who Purchased This Trunk Bike Racks Also Bought...
Ask the Experts about this Thule Trunk Bike Racks
- Trunk Mount Bike Rack Recommendation for a 2004 Nissan Murano and 2006 Infiniti M35
- Both the Thule Passage, TH911XT, and Archway, # TH9010XT, are good choices, there are 3 main differences between the two racks. First, the Archway has a covered cable that secures the rack in the trunk when installed. Second the Archway rack has an integrated locking cable to secure the bikes to the rack. And finally, the Archway has longer arcing tubes to help with fit on vehicles with OEM rear mounted spoilers.
The installation procedure for each of these racks is basically the same, one no
view full answer...
- Fit of Trunk Mounted Bike Rack on 2005 Saab 9-2X with OEM Spoiler On Hatch
- Typically, we do not recommend using a trunk mount rack on a vehicle with a spoiler on the top of the hatch unless it is a floating spoiler that would allow the strap/hook to pass underneath it.
However, I spoke with one of the product fit folks at Thule who tell me that the spoiler on your particular vehicle is indeed robust enough that you can safely pass the top rack straps over it without causing any harm.
The Thule Archway should work very well for you, but I would also recommend taki
view full answer...
- Fit of Thule Passage Trunk Mount Bike Rack # TH910XT on 2013 Toyota Prius
- According to my contact at Thule, their Passage 2 and 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bike Rack # TH910XT and # TH911XT are both a confirmed fit for the 2013 Toyota Prius. This has been determined after extensive fit testing.
This being said, anytime a piece of equipment is in direct contact with the painted surfaces of a vehicle, the possibility of the vehicle being scratched exists. This risk can be minimized by ensuring that the surfaces of the rack and vehicle that touch each other are 100 percent cle
view full answer...
- Will the Thule Archway 3 Bike Rack # TH9010XT Fit on a 2013 Volvo XC90
- Yes, the Thule Archway 3 Bike Rack, # TH9010XT, will fit on your 2013 Volvo XC90. This bike rack uses six straps that will hook to the top, side and bottom edges of your rear hatch to secure the bike rack. Keep in mind, the rear wiper cannot be used when this bike rack is mounted.
If you plan on carrying any womens, childrens or alternative frame bikes, I recommend picking up the Thule Bike Adapter Bar, # TH982XT. Bikes with small or angled frames can be difficult to mount on a bike rack and
view full answer...
- Can the Rear Hatch on a BMW X5 be Opened with a Trunk Mount Bike Rack Installed
- It is not recommended to open a rear hatch or trunk of any vehicle with a bike rack mounted to the trunk. The hinges of a rear hatch or trunk were not designed to support additional weight and could fail under the weight of a bike rack. Also, due to the way certain trunk mount bike racks attach to the vehicle, the side straps could fall off or slip once the trunk is open.
If you can send me the year of your BMW X5 I can give you a link to all of the trunk mount bike racks that are listed as
view full answer...