Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2" - 1980 Jeep CJ-7
This fully welded trailer hitch receiver bolts onto your Jeep CJ-7's frame with no welding required. Powder coated steel is sturdy and corrosion resistant.
- Custom fit is designed specifically for your Jeep CJ-7
- Precision, robotic welding maximizes strength and improves fit
- Bolt-on installation - no welding required
- Complete hardware kit and installation instructions included
- Lifetime technical support from the experts at etrailer.com
- Gloss black powder coat finish over protective base coat offers superior rust resistance
- Sturdy, square-tube design
- Ball mount, pin and clip sold separately
- Made in the USA
- Receiver opening: 2" x 2"
- Rating: Class III
- Maximum gross trailer weight: 4,000 lbs
- Maximum tongue weight: 400 lbs
- Not rated for use with weight-distribution systems
- Limited lifetime warranty
etrailer.com Technical Support
At etrailer.com we're committed to the products we sell, and to our customers. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are available via both phone and email to address your questions and concerns for the lifetime of your hitch. The technicians at etrailer perform hitch installations on a daily basis, making them a valuable resource for do-it-yourselfers. The one-on-one, personal service you'll receive comes straight from an expert in the towing and automotive field. We've installed it, we've wired it and we've towed with it, so whatever your question, we can answer it.
13412 Curt Class 3 Trailer Hitch Receiver
Ask the Experts about this Curt Trailer Hitch
Do you have a question about this Trailer Hitch?
- Will the Curt Class III 2 Inch Hitch # 13412 Fit a 1985 Jeep CJ-7 with a 20 Gallon Gas Tank
- I spoke with my contact at Curt and he said that the Curt Class III 2 Inch Hitch, part # 13412 will fit a 1985 Jeep CJ-7 with a 20 gallon gas tank. I am including a link to the installation instructions for the Curt hitch.
You may also be interested in purchasing the following products to complete your towing setup:
Draw-Tite Ball Mount, part # 2923
Pin and Clip, part # PC3
Tow Ready 2 Inch Hitch Ball, part # 19247
Tow Ready 1-7/8 Inch Hitch Ball, part # 19260
Draw-Tite Wiring Harness
view full answer...
- Exhaust Hanger Interference When Installing Curt Class III Hitch # 13412 on 1985 Jeep CJ-7
- I spoke with my contact at Curt, who tells me that you can simply disconnect the existing exhaust hanger, install the hitch, and then use the bolt shown in the diagram I have provided to reinstall the bracket. The bolt would pass through the exhaust hanger bracket, through the arm of the hitch and through the frame.
According to Curt, this solution will not affect the strength of the installation in any way.
view full answer...
Jeep CJ-7 Accessories