Tekonsha Trailer Breakaway Kit - 2028
Tekonsha Trailer Break Away Kit with Charger
Tekonsha Electronic Breakaway Kit features a rechargeable, sealed, maintenance-free battery for trouble-free towing.
- For use with All Single, Tandem, and Tri-Axle Breakaway Applications
- Quick and Easy Installation
- Weather/Corrosion Resistant
- Meets or Exceeds DOT Specifications for Trailer Breakaway/Holding Requirements
- Most states require a breakaway switch with a separate power supply when towing a trailer.
- Battery Charger: DC to DC trickle charger fits securely into the breakaway battery case. It provides continuous recharge for all 12V battery systems with a 4 amp (minimum) output. Maintenance-free; breakaway batteries are always fully charged. Includes an automatic shut-off feature that will not permit the battery to overcharge.
- Breakaway Kit Includes:
- 1 Polymer Battery Case with Mounting bracket
- 1 12V Sealed Rechargeable 5 Amp. Battery
- 1 Nylon Breakaway Switch
- 1 DC-to-DC Heavy Duty Quick/Maintenance (Two Stage) Charger
- Clamp-on box design
- Breakaway kit meets DOT specifications.
Customers compare 2028 to these similar products
Customers Who Purchased This Trailer Breakaway Kit Also Bought...
Replacement parts available for this product
Ask the Experts about this Tekonsha Trailer Breakaway Kit
Do you have a question about this Trailer Breakaway Kit?
- Trailer Break Away Kit Installation
- The Brake Controller itself is connected to the battery in the tow vehicle.
The breakaway system battery is good for a month or two of inactivity before needing charging. The Break Away kit you looked at, the Tekonsha part # 2028 includes a charger that will keep the battery maintained during towing. The charger is supplied power by the 12-volt power circuit from the 7-way trailer connector.
I will provide instructions that include a wiring diagram. You can see the instructions by followi
view full answer...
- Right Brake Light Does Not Work After Breakaway Switch Installation
- That is odd that your right rear brake light does not work if they spliced the break away switch battery into your running light circuit. The brake lights and running lights typically run on two different circuits so it should not have been affected. I would recommend checking each of the connection points for possible cuts or frays to other wires nearby. It is possible that they may have accidentally cut or damaged a brake light wire creating a short that would cause your brake light to fail.
view full answer...