Titan Trailer Brakes - T4843700
Change your trailer over to disc brakes for increased performance. Easy-to-install BrakeRite II Severe Duty actuator plugs into your trailer connector and sends a signal to activate the trailer brakes when those in the tow vehicle are applied.
- All-inclusive kit has everything you need to switch your trailer over to disc brakes
- 4 Disc brake kits
- Hub-and-rotor assemblies
- Grease seals, bearing protectors, races and bearings
- Calipers with mounting brackets and hardware - attach to 4-bolt brake flanges
- Hub/rotors and calipers are silver cad plated
- BrakeRite II Severe Duty (SD) electric-hydraulic brake actuator kit
- Plugs into tow vehicle and signals control module when brakes are applied, triggering pump and motor on actuator
- Creates smooth, even braking with fast response time
- Works with most in-cab brake controllers (sold separately)
- Installs easily with wiring harnesses and weather-sealed connectors
- Includes BrakeRite II, control module, wiring harness, breakaway switch, breakaway battery harness and gel cell kit
- Line kit with brake lines and fittings for a tandem-axle trailers
- Disc brakes deliver better performance
- Consistent stopping even at highway speeds
- Shorter stopping distance than most drum brakes
- Trailer coupler not included
- Application: tandem-axle trailers
- Axle capacity: 3,500 lbs
- Wheel size: 14" to 15"
- Overall rotor diameter: 9-3/4"
- Bolt pattern: 5 on 4-1/2"
- Brake flange configuration: 4 bolt
- Hydraulic pressure of actuator: 1,500 psi
- 1-Year warranty
Bearing, Race and Seal Information
- Inner bearing: L68149
- Outer bearing: L44649
- Inner race: L68110
- Outer race: L44610
- Seal: RG06-050
- Inner diameter: 1.719"
- Outer diameter: 2.565"
Complete Kit Includes:
- BrakeRite II SD electric-over-hydraulic trailer brake actuator with control module, wiring harness and gel-cell breakaway kit
- (4) Hub-and-rotor assemblies with bearings, races, seals and bearing protectors
- (4) Disc brake calipers with brake pads and mounting brackets
- Hydraulic line kit
- (1) 12-27/32" Long, flexible hose
- (1) 19' Long, steel line
- (2) 17" Long, steel line
- (1) 4-1/2" Long, steel line
- (1) 30" Long, steel line
- (4) Hose brackets
- (4) Hose clips
- (3) Tees with brackets
- (8) Line-retaining clips
An increasing number of trailer owners are switching over to disc brakes, and with good reason. Disc brake calipers have only one moving part, as opposed to the many moving parts you find with drum brakes. This means that with disc brakes there are fewer parts to maintain, fewer parts to get damaged and fewer parts to repair or replace, thus reducing the cost of maintenance.
Performance increases as well. Disc brakes deliver consistent braking even at highway speeds, unlike drum brakes, which often show a substantial drop in braking torque at higher speeds. In addition, disc brakes offer a much shorter stopping distance than drum brakes.
Titan's complete disc brake kit makes the conversion easy. Designed for tandem-axle trailers, this kit includes not only the disc brake assemblies themselves - along with all the necessary lines, fittings and mounting hardware - it also contains the BrakeRite II electric-over-hydraulic actuator.
With a faster response time and more proportional braking than traditional, surge-type actuators, the BrakeRite is perfect for nearly any towing application from light to heavy duty. The system works with most in-cab brake controllers to sense when and how you apply the brakes in the tow vehicle. An electrical signal is then sent to the control module to trigger the actuator's pump and motor. Brake fluid is released and sent to the trailer brakes to activate them. The result is real-time braking that, thanks to the electronic proportional valve system, is also smooth and controlled.
4843700 Titan BrakeRite II Sever Duty Actuator Disc Brake Kit - Tandem Axle
Customers compare T4843700 to these similar products
Customers Who Purchased This Trailer Brakes Also Bought...
Ask the Experts about this Titan Trailer Brakes
- Will the Titan Disc Brake Kit and BrakeRite II Fit a Pacific Coachworks Tango RKS Travel Trailer
- From the information that you have provided so far, the Titan Disc Brake Kit and BrakeRite II SD Actuator, # T4843700, may fit on your new Pacific Coachworks Tango RKS Trailer, however, we will need to know the inner and outer bearing and grease seal part numbers or inner diameters.
The part numbers should be stamped into the metal of the bearings and the rubber of the seal. If you are unable to locate those part numbers, then you can take a few measurements on the spindle using a precise me
view full answer...
- Are Brake Pads Included with Titan Electric-Hydraulic Trailer Disc Brake Kit, Part # T4843700
- Yes, the Titan Electric-Hydraulic Trailer Disc Brake Kit, Part # T4843700, includes the brake pads along with all of the other components required to convert your tandem axle trailer to electric-over-hydraulic disk brakes. This kit is intended for 3500-lb axles, wheels from 14 to 15 inches with a 5-on-4-1/2 bolt pattern, and standard 4-bolt brake mounting flanges.
This kit includes the brake actuator; complete hub/rotor assemblies; bearings, races and grease seals; hydraulic brake lines and
view full answer...
- Availability of Replacement Brake Pads/Bearings for Titan Hub/Rotors on # T4843700 Disc Brake Kit
- We offer replacement bearings compatible with the hub/rotors used on the Titan Disc Brake Kit # T4843700 you mentioned. The replacement bearings are part # L68149 (inner) and # L44649 (outer). Replacement races are also available, # L68110 for the inner and # L44610 for the outer. For a replacement double-lip grease seal, use part # RG06-050. These parts are sold individually.
For replacement brake pads, Titan offers part # T4870900 which includes 4 pads, enough for one axle.
Having some r
view full answer...