Titan Trailer Brakes - T4813102
Get the best in brake actuator technology with the BrakeRite Plug and Play. No hardwiring. System combines the response time and effectiveness of electric brake controllers with the power of hydraulic actuators for the fastest, safest stopping.
- Electric-over-hydraulic brake actuator mounts on trailer and plugs into 7-way trailer connector
- Electric current runs to actuator when tow-vehicle brakes are applied
- Signal triggers pump and motor on actuator, activating trailer brakes
- Actuator is compatible with most in-cab brake controllers
- Brake controller (sold separately) is required to send signal from tow vehicle to trailer when brakes are applied
- Pump-and-motor-based system increases response time compared with traditional hydraulic actuators
- Trailer brakes are triggered when you apply brakes in tow vehicle, as opposed to when trailer pushes against hitch ball
- Electronic, proportional pressure valve ensures that braking is smooth and effective
- Controls braking pressure during long-term braking
- Fluid reservoir is isolated and has diaphragm-type filler cap to prevent spills and leakage
- Integrated, weather-sealed connectors make installation a snap
- Quick, easy connecting every time with plug-and-play design
- Plug-in harness - no hardwiring required
- Additional plugs connect to vehicle battery and breakaway switch
- Potted hybrid circuitry provides dependable service even under adverse conditions
- BrakeRite, wiring harness, breakaway switch and breakaway battery harness included (battery sold separately)
- Application: disc brakes
- Compatible with drum brakes when used with optional reducer (T4844100 - sold separately)
- Vehicle requires an in-cab electric brake controller and 7-way (blade style) trailer connector mounted near bumper (sold separately)
- Ford and GM trucks with factory brake controller require adapter (T4845900 - sold separately)
- Breakaway battery harness
- Battery switch harness
- Standard 7-pin harness
- 1-Year warranty
With a faster response time and more proportional braking than traditional, surge-type actuators, the BrakeRite is perfect for nearly any towing application, from light to heavy duty. The system works with most in-cab brake controllers to sense when and how you apply the brakes in the tow vehicle. An electrical signal is then sent to the actuator to trigger its pump and motor. Brake fluid is released and sent to the trailer brakes to activate them. The result is real-time braking that, thanks to the electronic, proportional valve system, is also smooth and controlled.
4813102PP Titan BrakeRite 1 Plug-n-Play Electric-Over-Hydraulic Actuator
Customers compare T4813102 to these similar products
Customers Who Purchased This Trailer Brakes Also Bought...
Replacement parts available for this product
Ask the Experts about this Titan Trailer Brakes
Do you have a question about this Trailer Brakes?
- Will Titan SD Adapter for Ford Factory Brake Controllers Part # T4845900 Reduce Braking Time Delay
- My contact at Titan advises that the Plug and Play Electric-Hydraulic Actuator Kit, part # T4813102, will begin to develop hydraulic pressure approximately 3/10ths of a second after the tow vehicle brakes are applied (and after the brake controller sends its braking signal to the actuator). It is normal for the hydraulic pressure from the actuator to take additional time to build up, travel through the lines and reach the trailer brake assemblies. An overall delay of 1 to 2 seconds is typical.
view full answer...