Kodiak Trailer Brakes - K2R35DS
Trailer disc brake kit includes 2 assemblies with rust-resistant, Dacromet-plated rotors and mounting brackets, and stainless calipers. Assemblies fit 3,500-lb axles and 14" and larger wheels. 10" Rotor has 5 on 4-1/2 bolt pattern.
- Brake assemblies make it easy to change from an idler axle to a disc brake axle
- Disc brakes deliver better performance than drum brakes
- More consistent stopping, even at highway speeds
- Dramatically shorter stopping distance
- Maintenance costs are lower than for drum brakes
- Fewer moving parts to maintain, repair and replace
- Slip-on, cast iron, over-the-hub rotors
- Dacromet coating provides superior corrosion resistance for freshwater or saltwater use
- 400- to 600-Hour salt-spray rating
- Fit over standard idler hub and are held in place by wheel and wheel bolts
- Remove easily for maintenance
- No need to replace entire hub-and-rotor assembly if only hub or rotor becomes damaged
- Increase distance from hub face to hub face by 1/2"
- Prevent heat-related damage with vented design that effectively dissipates heat
- Stainless steel calipers are self-adjusting for smooth, equal braking
- Stainless steel construction does not flex like aluminum
- Absolute corrosion protection - ideal for extended marine use
- Low-drag design retracts piston farther than other calipers for a cooler-running brake
- Stainless steel piston is 2-1/4" in diameter - 30 percent larger than other brands
- More braking torque than the competition
- High-performance, ceramic brake pads
- Dacromet mounting brackets provide strength and durability
- Side-support design ensures that load is placed on bracket, not bolts
- Extra embossing for additional thread contact ensures tight, secure mounting for caliper guide bolts
- 4-Bolt brake flange mounting configuration - weld-on flange sold separately
- Kit includes 2 full brake assemblies
- 2 Dacromet-plated, cast iron rotors
- 2 Stainless steel calipers
- 2 Dacromet caliper-mounting brackets
- 4 Stainless steel caliper-mounting bolts
- Hydraulic brake actuator and lines (sold separately) are required for brakes to be activated
- Requires psi rating of at least 1,500
- Made in USA
- Axle capacity: 3,500 lbs
- Wheel size: 14" and larger
- Bolt pattern: 5 on 4-1/2"
- Overall rotor diameter: 10-7/8"
- Brake flange configuration: 4 bolt
- 3-Year warranty
More and more people are switching their trailers over to disc brakes, and with good reason. Disc brakes deliver consistent braking - even at highway speeds - unlike drum brakes, which often show a substantial drop in braking torque at higher speeds. In addition, disc brakes offer a substantially shorter stopping distance than drum brakes.
Disc brake calipers have only one moving part, rather than the many found in drum brakes. This means that there are fewer parts to maintain, fewer parts to get damaged and fewer parts to have to repair or replace, thus reducing maintenance costs.
Kodiak's slip-on, cast iron rotor makes it easy to convert an idler axle to a disc brake axle. Simply place the rotor over your hub. It is most often wheel bolt piloted for a loose fit and then held in place by the wheel itself. With a separate rotor and hub, you can easily repair or replace one element of your brake system without having to junk the whole thing.
Kodiak calipers are constructed of stainless steel to prevent flexing and rust. Less flex means more braking torque, resulting in smooth, even braking every time. The corrosion-resistant stainless steel piston is 30 percent larger than standard pistons, ensuring shorter stopping distance and increased torque. In addition, the unique low-drag design of Kodiak's calipers allows the piston to retract farther than in most standard models, giving you a cooler-running brake.
Designed for axles with 4-bolt brake flange configurations, the included mounting brackets are made of heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant dacromate-plated steel that is embossed to provide additional threading for guide bolts. The added thread strength ensures a tighter, more secure connection between the caliper and bracket. Another unique feature of Kodiak's brackets is the side-support angle, which guarantees that the load is carried by the bracket, rather than the bolts.
2/RCM-10-DAC-SS Kodiak Disc Brakes - 2 Wheel Set - Rotor Only - Dacromet Finish and Stainless Steel - 3,500 lbs
Replaces 2/RCM-10-SCAD-SS (K2R35SCS)
Customers compare K2R35DS to these similar products
Customers Who Purchased This Trailer Brakes Also Bought...
Ask the Experts about this Kodiak Trailer Brakes
Do you have a question about this Trailer Brakes?
- What Additional Hardware is Required to Install a Kodiak Disc Brake Kit # K2R35DS
- I spoke with my contact at Kodiak about the Kodiak Disc Brake Kit, part # K2R35DS, and found out what is included and what you would need to supply.
Basically, all you will need to supply is the bolts that the bracket to the axle. Other than that everything else should be included.
I attached installation instructions for this product below for you to check out also.
view full answer...
- Recommendation of Disc Brake Kit for a 4,000 lb Tandem Boat Trailer Hauling a 2,600 lb Boat
- I would recommend installing disc brakes on both axles to get the maximum braking for your tandem trailer. You will want to check the axles to make sure you have brake mounting flanges on the axles that will allow you to attach the disc brakes. The brake mounting flanges would would have a 4-hole mounting pattern for the brakes and they would be welded to the axle.
If you do not have brake mounting flanges on your axles you will have to purchase them and have them installed by a professional
view full answer...
- What Kodiak Brake Hardware is Compatible with Tie-Down Brakes on a Load Rite Trailer
- I have contacted the two manufacturers but I have been unable to confirm the compatibility of the rotors from one company with the calipers from the other.
Depending on how tightly and for how long the original calipers have been frozen in their current position, it may be that your rotors have been damaged by scoring or corrosion. We always recommend that all braking system parts be replaced at the same time using rotors and calipers from the same manufacturer, which ensures both compatibil
view full answer...
- Best Disc Trailer Brake Kit for Salt Water Use on 3500 Pound Axle
- The Kodiak disc brake kit # K2R35DS is made up of Dacromet and stainless steel components. Dacromet has a 400 to 600 hour salt spray rating while stainless steel is about as corrosion resistant as you can get. Still when using these items in a salt water environment be sure to hose them off after use with fresh water.
For the absolute best in corrosion resistance go with an all stainless kit like # K2R35S. I have linked installation details for you. I have also included a link to our FAQ arti
view full answer...