Derale Power Steering Cooler - D13310
8-1/4" Wide x 2-1/2" tall x 2-1/2" deep, tube-fin heat exchanger improves the longevity and overall functioning of your vehicle's power steering system.
- Cuts back on heat-related pump failures
- Extends the life of both pump and seal
- Designed with copper tubing expanded into aluminum fins for maximum heat transfer
- Copper is the best material for conducting the heat out of the fluid while aluminum is ideal for transferring and dissipating that heat
- Provides protection during installation with extruded plastic fin guards
- Made in USA
- Inlets: 6- AN
- Overall dimensions: 8-1/8" wide x 2-3/4" tall x 1-7/8" deep
- 1-Year warranty
Perhaps the simplest type of heat exchanger, the tube-fin effectively cools a variety of automotive systems. The concept is simple: Fluid cools as it travels through the core by transferring heat out to the fins. The fins then provide the surface area necessary for sufficient heat exchange to take place, allowing the heat pulled from the fluid to dissipate into the surrounding air. Quick, easy and effective.
13310 Derale Power Steering Cooler with 6-AN Inlets
Customers compare D13310 to these similar products
Ask the Experts about this Derale Power Steering Cooler
- Derale Power Steering Cooler Recommendation for a Honda Pilot
- If you are looking for a heavy duty power steering cooler I would go for a Derale 4-Pass Tube-Fin Power Steering Cooler # D13212 over the Derale Tube-Fin Power Steering Cooler # D13310 that you referenced as the # D13212 is a four pass cooler that would have more cooling power than the # D13310.
Either cooler would work on your Honda Pilot, but the # D13212 would have more cooling power and I would consider it heavier duty.
view full answer...
- Power Steering Cooler Recommendation for an Off-road Rock Crawler
- Typically, in automotive applications, the addition of a supplemental cooler will drop the fluid temperature around 10 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep in mind, this is with the cooler mounted directly behind a vehicle grille, receiving good airflow.
For your situation, I would recommend a different product. The power steering cooler, # D13310, that you referenced will help, but the lack of airflow will probably not give you the results you are looking for.
Instead, I recommend looking at
view full answer...