Bully Dog WatchDog Monitor - Color Screen - Black - Toyota Tundra, 2007
Keep a close watch on your Toyota Tundra's vital engine data with this easy-to-read display. Run diagnostics, set safety warnings, measure performance and view up to 4 parameters at once. Driving Coach program helps you to maximize fuel economy.
- Provides a general-purpose gauge unit for towing and everyday use
- 2.4", Full-color LCD screen with adjustable backlight is flanked by touch-sensitive buttons
- US standard or metric measurements can be chosen
- Displays up to 4 of more than 15 available parameters
- Keep an eye on the function and performance of your engine
- Maximizes fuel economy with the help of Driving Coach program
- Understand how your driving style and/or various add-ons affect your Toyota Tundra's performance and efficiency
- Supports aftermarket pyrometer kit (sold separately) to monitor EGT in diesel applications
- Alerts you to changes and problems in engine function and performance
- Set audible and visual alerts for engine protection
- Monitor engine coolant temperature, transmission temperature, boost and EGT
- Run diagnostic checks and clear trouble codes
- Records, displays and saves 1/4-mile performance testing times
- Download free programs to compare runs and to further analyze data
- Installs quickly and easily
- Connects to Toyota Tundra's computer via the OBD-II port for real-time monitoring of vital engine data
- Guides you through initial setup process with Setup Wizard
- Can be easily transferred between different cars or trucks
- Complements your Toyota Tundra's interior with black finish
- Includes universal suction-cup mount
- Custom mounts (sold separately) available for certain applications for that from-the-factory look
- 1-Year warranty
The WatchDog can request a variety of data from your engine's computer. Only those parameters that the computer replies to, though, can be displayed. So the type of information will vary depending on the make, model and year of your application.
WatchDog Driving Coach Display
- This area displays the Driving Coach on your screen. Monitoring this information will give you a good indication of how your driving habits affect your fuel economy and overall engine performance.
- In the top portion of the Driving Coach display is the Wasted Energy graph. This shows your deceleration and acceleration in relation to a base centerline. The centerline represents zero wasted energy. If you accelerate or decelerate too quickly, a color bar will extend out from the centerline, showing the energy expended.
- Below the Wasted Energy bar is the Driving Efficiency graph. This bar indicates how consistently you are driving. If you bounce back and forth between accelerating and decelerating too often or if you hit the gas and/or brake with a heavy foot, your driving efficiency will be "low."
- In the center of the Driving Coach display, you will see three measurements. This is the Average Mileage line. The first measurement is Average MPG. This number is calculated based on all driving activity from setup on, and it represents your overall, average fuel economy.
- Gallons shows the estimated total number of gallons of fuel used.
- A Grade is given for your overall driving performance, and it is based on the information provided by all Driving Coach indicators. It ranges from "A" for optimal performance to "Epic Fail," indicating the need for a tune-up, as well as a change in driving habits.
- The bottom row on the Driving Coach display is the Instant Economy and Trip line, which shows three measurements. The first is Instant MPG. This represents your fuel economy at a specific moment in time and can be used as an instant indicator of driving performance.
- Trip MPG refers to the average fuel economy for a certain trip. This cumulative average resets every time that the WatchDog is turned off.
- Trip Grade is the grade that you are given to mark your performance for a single trip. This, too, resets each time the monitor is turned off.
When you are parked or idling for a certain period of time, driving tips will pop up on your screen. These are chosen based on your individual driving efficiency and are designed to help you improve fuel economy.
Monitoring Your Engine
Choose from more than fifteen parameters to monitor. Note: Not all of the following are available for all applications.
- Engine load - no load = 0 percent; maximum load capacity = 100 percent
- Coolant temperature
- Fuel rail pressure (for diesel engines only)
- Turbo boost pressure (pressure generated by the turbocharger) - monitored for safety
- Engine RPM
- Speed (mph or kph)
- Ignition timing (gas engines) or injection timing (diesel engines)
- Intake temperature - at point where OEM sensor is installed within air intake stream
- Mass airflow (grams/second) - amount of air entering air intake stream
- Throttle position - idle position = 0 percent; full throttle = 100 percent
- Fuel level
- Battery voltage
- Barometric pressure
- Real-time fuel economy
- Average fuel economy
- Trip fuel economy
You can monitor up to four parameters at a time, with each displayed along the left side of your screen. To view detailed information about any one of those factors, touch the button next to it, and the large gauge area on the right will display the information for that parameter. You can further customize the gauge to display in one of the following styles: analog, analog with mini-graph, or full graph.
40402 BullyDog Watch Dog Multi-Function Performance Gauge - Black