Reese Fifth Wheel King Pin - RP61412
5th Airborne Sidewinder replaces your fifth-wheel trailer's king pin and alters the pivot point of your rig, enabling you to make up to 90-degree turns. Enclosed air spring in pin box absorbs shock and adjusts for a smooth ride.
- 5th-Wheel trailer's pivot point is moved an extra 22" toward the rear of your tow vehicle so that you can easily make 90-degree turns, even with a short-bed pickup truck
- No need to get out of your truck, throw a switch, push a button or mount a 5th-wheel slider
- Trailer tracks more closely to the truck for better driveability
- Fully enclosed, custom-tuned air spring in air ride trailer coupler - cushions and absorbs shock
- Reduces longitudinal shock (chucking) by nearly 60 percent
- Decreases vertical shock by 44 percent
- Relieves stress on coach frame
- Reduces vibration inside coach, protecting its contents
- Air bag can be repositioned with 2 easy-to-access screws to better support varying loads
- Move forward for light tongue weights
- Move backward for heavy tongue weights
- Sidewinder-and-turret assembly bolts onto your 5th-wheel trailer pin box
- King pin connects to standard 5th-wheel trailer hitch and allows easy hookup and disconnect at any angle
- Included locking wedge prevents king pin from rotating
- Some 5th-wheel hitches may require custom wedge (sold separately)
- 1-Piece, streamlined construction
- C-Channel design of the Sidewinder provides more stability and strength than standard pin box
- Able to support heavier loads
- Made in USA
- Designed for use with the following pin boxes:
- Fabex 500, 503, 520, 530, 560 and 765
- Lippert 1116, 1716 and 0115
- RBW 7019 and 7028
- Weight capacity: 16,000 lbs
- Clearance: see formula below to ensure proper clearance
- 3-Year limited warranty
Use the formula below to ensure that there will be enough space between your truck cab and trailer when you are executing a 90-degree turn with the 5th Airborne Sidewinder installed.
(A + B) - C = Clearance
A = Distance from center of 5th-wheel hitch jaw to truck cab in inches
B = Length of Sidewinder arm in inches (22")
C = Width of trailer in inches divided by 2
If you are using the 16,000-lb 5th Airborne Sidewinder, then B = 22"
If the distance from the center of your hitch to your truck's cab is 36", then A = 36"
And if your fifth-wheel trailer is 102" wide, then C = 51"
102/2 = 51
(36 + 22) - 51 = 7" of clearance
The 5th Airborne Air Ride Coupler with Sidewinder
- The rotating turret attaches to the pin box on your trailer to provide a new pivot point 22" behind the king pin.
- The rear mounted, heavy-duty shock absorber reduces chucking and relieves stress on your trailer frame.
- The air spring can be adjusted to provide a smooth ride for both your truck and trailer. Because it is fully enclosed, it's protected from UV exposure and shielded from road hazards.
- The reversible, adjustable king pin locking wedge (not pictured) prevents pivot at the 5th-wheel hitch.
- The king pin connects to the 5th-wheel trailer hitch in your truck bed.
Up to 90-Degree Turning
It is now possible to turn your short-bed truck 90 degrees without having to worry that your trailer will collide with the cab of your truck. The universal king pin locking wedge included with this Sidewinder prevents your trailer from turning or pivoting at the fifth-wheel hitch. Instead, the rotating turret at the end of the Sidewinder allows turning and pivoting to take place an additional 22 inches away from the cab.
King Pin Locking Wedge Locations for Specific Hitches
1. Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch and Reese (15K, 16K and 20K Select Series); Husky; Owens; Valley; and similar units
2. Reese Signature Series, Elite Series and similar units
3. Holland and similar units
A. Bolt locations
B. King pin
Custom King Pin Locking Wedges: The included universal wedge prevents the king pin from rotating in most fifth-wheel trailer hitches. Certain hitches, however, require a custom wedge (sold separately).
Note: Do not use the 5th Airborne Sidewinder with any of the following:
- Curt Q5 5th-wheel trailer hitch
- PullRite SuperGlide 5th-wheel trailer hitch
- Reese Trail Boss 5th-wheel trailer hitch
- B&W 5th-wheel trailer hitch
- Colibert 208BW 5th-wheel trailer hitch
- Hi-Rise gooseneck-to-5th-wheel adapter by Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch, Bulldog and Reese
- Any other gooseneck-to-5th-wheel adapter
61412 (5AS16K, 61300 and 61301) Fifth Airborne Side Winder Premium Fifth-Wheel Air-Ride Coupler
Ask the Experts about this Reese Fifth Wheel King Pin
- How To Tow Fifth Wheel And Gooseneck Trailers With A Gooseneck Hitch On A 2006 Chevy Silverado
- If you are wanting to use the B and W gooseneck hitch that is in your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado you will have to use the 5th Airborne Premium Fifth Wheel Air Ride Coupler, part # 5AB-S500-700, with a Draw-Tite Hi-Rise Gooseneck to Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch, part # 9480.
The 5th Airborne standard king pin has a 21,000 lbs. weight capacity and will attach to your Fabex 520 pin box. The Draw-Tite Hi-Rise adapter will attach to your B and W gooseneck hitch and give you a fifth wheel hitch for hoo
view full answer...
- Is there a Sidewinder that is Compatible with a Lippert Pin Box and Husky 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch
- The first thing we need to determine is if there is a Sidewinder or 5th Airborne unit that is compatible with your Lippert pin box. The 5th Airborne Premium 5th Wheel Air Ride King Pin, # RP61412, that you have referenced with fit Lippert pin box models 1116, 1716, and 0115. If you have a different model, go to our Sidewinder main page, linked for you, to see if your model is represented.
There is a custom wedge for Valley/Husky 5th wheel trailer hitches. It is # SWW-04. If you go to the wedg
view full answer...