Derale Engine Oil Coolers - D15503
16-5/8" Wide x 7-5/8" tall x 3/4" deep, efficient, tube-and-fin cooler core comes with a sandwich adapter and all necessary installation hardware, making it easy to prolong the life of your engine and improve its overall performance.
- Prolongs life of engine oil, reducing number of necessary changes
- Improves overall functioning and performance of engine
- Reduces oil temperature by as much as 50 degrees
- Cools effectively through use of tube-fin core
- Provides external lines, via sandwich adapter, for simple installation of oil cooler without having to reposition oil filter
- Tube-and-fin cooler core
- Sandwich adapter
- High-temperature, high-pressure rubber hose with stainless steel clamps
- Brass hose-barb adapters
- Complete mounting kit
- Made in USA
- Heat exchanger:
- Dimensions: 16-5/8" wide x 7-5/8" tall x 3/4" deep
- Distance between inlets: 6-1/4"
- Core width: 13-7/8"
- Sandwich adapter:
- Inlet/Outlet ports: 1/2" NPT
- O-ring diameter: 3-1/2"
- Engine filter thread size: 13/16"-16
- 1-Year warranty
Perhaps the simplest type of heat exchanger, the tube-fin effectively cools a variety of automotive systems. The concept is simple: Fluid cools as it travels through the core by transferring heat out to the fins. The fins then provide the surface area necessary for sufficient heat exchange to take place, allowing the heat pulled from the fluid to dissipate into the surrounding air. The result is longer-lasting oil and a better-functioning engine.
The sandwich adapter in this kit provides the external oil lines necessary to install a cooler without requiring you to move the factory spin-on oil filter, making it even easier to extend the life of your vehicle's engine. In addition, the thermostatic bypass feature allows oil cooler than 180 degrees to bypass the heat exchanger, so your engine will warm up faster.
15503 Derale Tube and Fin Engine Oil Cooler Kit with Sandwich Adapter, Type C
Customers compare D15503 to these similar products
Ask the Experts about this Derale Engine Oil Coolers
- Engine Oil Cooler Recommendation for a 2011 Toyota Tacoma
- For your 2011 Toyota Tacoma, I recommend the Derale Stacked-Plate Engine Oil Cooler Kit, # D15604. This kit contains o-ring diameter sizes 2-3/4 inches and 2-1/2 inches. These are the most common sizes used on Toyota trucks. It also has multiple filter thread sizes so you will be able to find one that works.
The stacked plate design is very efficient and does not take up a lot of space which will increase the places you will be able to mount the cooler. The cooler is 4-9/16 inches tall, 2 inc
view full answer...
- Combination Engine Oil and Transmission Fluid Cooler Recommendation for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma V6
- Since you are looking for both a transmission cooler and an engine oil cooler I would recommend you consider getting a combination transmission cooler/engine oil cooler. If you use a combination cooler it will help simplify the installation process because it will reduce the amount of coolers that need to be installed.
I would recommend you get a Derale Combination Transmission and Engine Oil Cooler # D15902. This is a large enough cooler that you would work well to keep the transmission flui
view full answer...