2005 Polaris 500 Sportsman HO - Superwinch Terra Series ATV Winch - Wire Rope - Roller Fairlead - 2,500 lbs
The fully sealed Terra winch is built to handle all your ATV work and recreation activities. It has a heavy-duty, 1.3-hp motor; free-spool clutch; 50' wire rope and roller fairlead; hand-held remote; and a rocker switch for in-seat winching.
- High-performance ATV winch is designed for heavy-duty recreation and work-duty applications
- Completely sealed from motor to clutch - keeps out water, mud, snow and dust
- Sealed, 1.3-hp, permanent magnet motor delivers quick, safe line pulling
- Pulls more weight longer and faster and with lower amp draw than comparable winches
- Rubber, hand-held remote with 10' long cord lets you operate the winch from a safe distance
- Toggle switch on remote powers load in and out
- Remote socket can be mounted in a remote location such as your ATV handlebars
- Handlebar-mounted rocker switch lets you operate the winch from the seat of your ATV
- Mounting bracket, screws, and locknuts included for installation
- Ergonomic free-spool clutch knob ensures fast rope payout
- 3/16" Diameter wire rope is strong and durable - 50' long
- Includes a removable latched hook with clevis pin and nylon hand-saver strap
- Mounts over an all-steel drum
- Stainless steel, 4-way roller fairlead protects the wire rope from damage by reducing strain and rubbing
- Automatic, 100-percent load-holding mechanical and dynamic brake provides complete rope control
- Remotely mounted solenoid is sealed for protection in all weather conditions
- Differential, 3-stage planetary gear train with oversize, full-metal gears provides strong yet quiet operation
- Heavy-duty textured finish stands up to even the harshest conditions
- Color-coded wiring and circuit breakers included for installation
- Rated line pull (with a single layer of wire rope around the drum): 2,500 lbs (static load)
- Motor: 12-volt DC
- Line pull at 0 lbs:
- Power draw: 25 amps
- Line speed: 25 FPM
- Line pull at 2,500 lbs:
- Power draw: 162 amps
- Line speed: 9.5 FPM
- Maximum continuous run time: 2 minutes
- Gear ratio: 140:1
- Braking: 100-percent-load-holding dynamic and mechanical
- Winch dimensions: 13.2" long x 4.5" wide x 4.8" tall
- Rope dimensions: 50' long x 3/16" diameter
- Drum dimensions: 2" diameter x 3.2" long
- 4-Bolt mounting pattern: 3" x 4.87"
- Winch weight: 18 lbs
- 1-Year limited warranty on solenoid
- Limited lifetime warranty on winch
1125220 Super Winch Terra 25 All Terrain Vehicle Winch - Wire Rope - Roller Fairlead - 2,500 lbs
Superwinch Terra Series ATV Winch - Wire Rope - Roller Fairlead - 2,500 lbs - SW1125220
Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars (3 Customer Reviews)The fully sealed Terra winch is built to handle all your ATV work and recreation activities. It has a heavy-duty, 1.3-hp motor; free-spool clutch; 50' wire rope and roller fairlead; hand-held remote; and a rocker switch for in-seat winching.
by: Ken N.07/11/2013
Easy install, great instructions. Winch fit real well, no problems mounting it. Havent used it alot yet , but so far it works great.
I have an 04 Twin Peaks I bought used. Its in very nice shape. I use it a lot around the farm. Recently I used the winch. A warn 2500 and it worked fine for a short bit. I had to turn the quad around for a better angle. Now the winch only works to let out cable. I switch the wires on the winch and now it reals in but not out. What do I check now
comment by: Don D - 12/09/2013
It sounds like the switch itself is bad. Perhaps one of the contacts inside broke. You know the winch is still good because it will power in and out. Since you can flip the wiring around to switch winch operation, it suggests that the switch can no longer send current in both directions. I would contact Warn about getting a replacement switch. There may be other parts that could cause this, namely relays or other electrical components, but Warn should be able to help you out. Patrick B - 12/11/2013
Thanks so much for the reply. Since posting question I went through and cleaned all contacts. I also took the switch apart and yes it was corroded. I cleaned it up and when all was said and done it worked again. Thanks again this is my first quad and what a work horse it is. At 53 years old and taking care of a 200 acre farm I should have bought one many years ago. Thanks again have a great holiday. Merry Christmas.
comment by: Don D - 12/12/2013
Thanks for following up with us. Glad to know it was a quick, simple fix. Patrick B - 12/12/2013
by: George M01/23/2015
product as advertised. Shipping was prompt. Product instructions are very good. I could not ask for more.
by: Keith Steele08/15/2015
Review from a similar Superwinch Terra Series in Electric Winch
I recently installed a 4500 lb super winch on.our.2015 Polaris 900 crew,installation was a breeze,I was concerned the 6gua.wire would be to short for the crew but they made.it to.the battery comp.just fine! I would recemend e-trailer for there service and price and superwinch for an awesome winch.at an.affordable price.
At etrailer.com we guarantee:
Highest quality electric winch for the best price.
Real product know-how.
- We make sure that the products we sell are what we say they are, and that they work the way they are supposed to work. This helps you get the right product the first time.
- Every day our teams test, review, assemble and install our products. Our modern installation facilities allow our expert installers and customer service representatives to actually install and use the items we sell, so you can get real advice, from a real person who has the knowledge and expertise needed to solve your problem.
Most detailed, accurate electric winch information available.
- Because we take providing accurate product information seriously, we take our own detailed product photos, demo videos and installation videos, as well as verify measurements, instructions, and vehicle fit information.
Information for this part was:
Installations, made easy.
- We love helping people.
- We have the most highly trained customer service, hands-on experience, step by step videos and installation instructions. We are prepared to answer any question, give advice, or troubleshoot any problem you come across.
Personalized service for life.
- We provide one-on-one, personalized service from the ordering process through the life of your product.
Trusted since 1946.
- We've been serving customers since our parts store first opened in 1946 and continue to be recognized by our customers, our vendors and third parties for exceptional service.