Tekonsha Brake Controller with Wiring - 90195-22291
Tekonsha P3 Electric Trailer Brake Controller with Kia Borrego Adapter
The P3 controller is designed for use with electric and/or electric over hydraulic trailer braking systems. A simple switch on the unit allows the user to toggle back and forth between the two systems. The Tekonsha P3's LCD display features a distinctive look with multiple color and contrast options and includes a highly advanced, easy-to-understand roadside diagnostics display. The P3 advanced diagnostics not only notify you of potential problems, it can tell you where to begin trouble shooting.
- Applies power to the trailer brakes in proportion to vehicle's deceleration.
- No level adjustment necessary - it adjusts itself to varying terrain as you drive.
- Works proportionally in reverse - great for backing into tough spots.
- Designed for use with electric over hydraulic trailer brake systems.
- Works equally well on standard electric trailer brakes.
- Digital display depicts voltage delivery to trailer during braking.
- Continual diagnostics check for proper connection, shorted magnet condition and much more.
- Easy to read and understand diagnostic display
- "Boost" feature gives users the ability to apply more initial trailer braking power when towing heavier trailers.
- Power-saving mode reduces drain on battery when vehicle is not in use.
- Unique pocket mount allows for flexible mounting options.
- Quick and easy disconnect feature allows user to remove and store the controller when not in use.
- Vehicle specific wiring adapter is included to make installation simple
- Storage pouch included to protect the P3 controller when stowed.
- Rotary style manual brake adjustment lever is easily accessible under the controller unit.
- Customize the LCD display by choosing language, color and contrast options.
- Language options: English, French, and Spanish
- Color options: blue, light blue, cyan, green, light green, orange, magenta, pink, and white
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 3-5/8" Wide x 4-5/8" Long x 1-3/8" High
- Boost levels increase power up 0%, 13% and 25%
- 180 degree vertical plane operating range
- Can be mounted between -90 degree (straight down) and 90 degree (straight up)
- Made for up to 4-axle trailer brake systems (2 to 8 brakes)
- Diagnostic troubleshooting displays: Battery Voltage, Stop Lamp Voltage, Output Voltage, Output Current
- Diagnostic warning Signs: Open Ground, Overload, Output Shorted, Power Loss, and No Trailer Connected
The vehicle specific adapter has one end that plugs into the back of the brake controller while the other end plugs into the port located under the dash.
Note: If your vehicle has a factory installed hitch and 7-way connector, then all of the wires for the brake controller have already been run. If not, additional parts will be required to complete the installation of the brake controller.
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller 90195 with Adapter 22291
Ask the Experts about this Tekonsha Brake Controller with Wiring
Do you have a question about this Brake Controller with Wiring?
- Location of Brake Controller Connector on 2009 Kia Borrego
- The connector for installing a brake controller on your Kia Borrego is located above and behind the emergency brake pedal. Look for a white 4-pin connector.
I will provide a link to the instructions below. The instructions show where the connector is located in relation to the emergency brake pedal.
If your Borrego was not equipped with the OEM tow package including the factory 7-way connector, there will be some fuses and relays that may be necessary to complete the brake output and 12-vo
view full answer...