Hopkins Brake Controller with Wiring - HM47294-47935
The Agility brake controller provides a large, digital readout screen; power gain controls; and 5 sensitivity settings - all at the touch of a button. Proportional style for the safest, smoothest braking. Plug-in Simple provides quick disconnect.
- Advanced technology
- Inertia accelerometer instantly activates brake
- Proportional controller mirrors the braking action of the tow vehicle
- On-the-fly sensitivity adjustment - 5 "boost" levels
- Easy to install and use
- Full digital settings with large readout screen
- Displays power as a percentage (from 5% to 99%)
- Flexible mounting options - self-leveling
- Short proof protected
- Innovative push button for manual braking
- Plug-in harness for quick disconnect
- Includes 2 plugs
- 1 Plug is inserted into the back of the Hopkins Agility Brake Control Unit
- 1 Plug is inserted into the factory-installed port under the dash
- Dimensions: 1-1/4" thick x 5" long x 3" wide
- Made for up to 3-axle trailer brake systems (6 brakes)
- Operating range: -20 degrees to +70 degrees
- Unit must be pointed in the direction of travel
- 5 Digital sensitivity settings for different loads and driving conditions
- Plug-in Simple connection
- Limited lifetime warranty
Towing large trailers hinders your ability to stop quickly. Protect the investment you made in your trailer and vehicle with the Agility trailer brake control.
The Agility is a proportional brake controller, meaning the trailer decelerates at the same rate as the vehicle. This not only makes for the smoothest of stops but also the most efficient. If both truck and trailer are stopping at the same rate then the truck (or the trailer) brakes are not getting over worked and will therefore last longer. Brakes will also not be overheated after driving through traffic no power will be sent to the trailer brakes when the rig is stopped.
The Agility is designed for use with electric trailer brakes. It is not designed to operate with electric-hydraulic brake systems.
47294 Hopkins Agility Brake Controller with 47935 Plug-in Connector
Ask the Experts about this Hopkins Brake Controller with Wiring
Do you have a question about this Brake Controller with Wiring?
- How to Hardwire a Brake Controller on a 2005 Honda Accord
- Brake controllers are not vehicle specific. So you can install the Hopkins Agility Electric Brake Controller, # HM47294, in your 2005 Honda Accord. The plug, Hopkins Plug-in Simple Brake Wiring Adapter, # HM47935, probably will not fit on the vehicle side, so you would need to hardwire the brake controller to your vehicle. The plug is designed for Honda models that have a factory tow package.
To hardwire the brake controller, there are 3 things you will need. First is the brake controller its
view full answer...
- E2 Message Appears on Hopkins Brake Controller on a 2008 Honda Pilot
- The reason that you are not feeling a difference between the power settings on your Hopkins Reliance Brake Controller is because the E2 message that you are seeing indicates that there is a short on the blue brake controller wire.
This short could be on the vehicle side or on the trailer. I would recommend disconnecting the trailer and see if the E2 message still appears. If it does not appear, then there is a short somewhere on the blue wire on the trailer. If it still appears even with the
view full answer...