Roadmaster XL Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms - 2000 GMC Sierra
The XL series hidden brackets attach to your GMC Sierra's frame to provide attachment points for your tow bar. The visible portions of the brackets can be removed when you are not towing.
- Hidden bracket design - drawbars are easily removable via 2 pins
- Improved aesthetics compared with standard brackets
- Computer-cut, all-steel construction provides exceptional strength
- Black powder coat finish is durable and corrosion resistant
- Simple installation - no welding required
- Custom base plates ensure a perfect fit for your GMC Sierra
- Compatible with Quick Disconnects and all Roadmaster tow bars
- Instructions and mounting hardware included
- Made in the USA
The square drawbars, or front arms, on the XL series base plate kit are simple to mount and remove, easily securing with hitch pins. Once the drawbars have been removed, the remaining brackets are virtually invisible. On most automobiles, the brackets are mounted within the grille, where they remain not only unseen, but protected from scrapes and scuffs as well.
Frame Variance Measurement Diagram
Measurement must be taken from the centerpoint of the lower-most threaded hole, on the side of frame, to a center-line dissecting the rear-most elongated hole on the bottom of the frame.
131-17 Road Master XL Base Plate Kit
Ask the Experts about this Roadmaster Base Plates
- Parts Needed to Flat Tow a 1998 Chevy Tahoe Behind a 1996 Class A Motor Home
- First, make sure to consult the vehicle owners manual on the proper procedure for towing your vehicle. There are a few different base plate options available for a 1998 Chevy Tahoe. If you wanted to go with Roadmaster base plates, you will have to measure the distance between 2 holes on the frame rail. Details are on each of the product pages for Roadmaster base plates for your Tahoe, see link.
The other option is to skip having to measure and use Blue Ox base plates, # BX1623. With these ba
view full answer...
- Accessories for Flat Towing 2001 Chevy Silverado 2WD with Manual Transmission
- To flat tow a vehicle, you will need a base plate kit, a tow bar, safety cables, a lighting solution so that the towed vehicle has taillights that respond with those of the motorhome and a supplemental braking system.
There are several different Roadmaster base plate kits that might be compatible with your truck. To determine which is the correct one for your truck, you will need to locate the three threaded holes on the side of the front frame member. Use a ruler to transfer the location of
view full answer...
GMC Sierra Accessories