Blue Ox Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms - 2008 Silverado by Chevrolet
This strong and durable base plate kit is custom designed to fit your Chevrolet Silverado. The hidden reinforcements, along with the removable bracket arms, provide a clean, unobtrusive look when your car is not being towed.
- Custom-fit base plates provide attachment points for tow bar
- Hidden reinforcement means that less of the bracket shows
- No crossbar support beam or large, protruding brackets
- Base plate tabs remove easily for a completely inconspicuous look
- Sturdy, dependable design
- Spreads towing force evenly to minimize weight placed on suspension
- Constructed of durable steel
- Simple installation - no welding required
- Bolts securely to your Chevrolet Silverado chassis
- Integrated mounting points let you easily attach an electrical connector plug or bracket (sold separately)
- Instructions and necessary hardware included
- Adaptable for use with Roadmaster tow bars with the Roadmaster Tow Bar Adapter (RM-031 or RM-031-5; sold separately)
- Made in USA
- Distance between brackets: 31-1/4"
- Fits Blue Ox Acclaim, Adventurer, Aventa, Aladdin, Alpha, Allure and Titan tow bars
- 3-Year warranty
Note: Tow bars rated for 5,000 lbs may not be able to handle the weight of your Chevrolet Silverado. Confirm that the weight of your Chevrolet Silverado fits within the capacity listed for your chosen tow bar.
BX1674 Blue Ox Base Plate Kit - Removable Tabs
2008 Silverado by Chevrolet Owners Who Purchased This Base Plates Also Bought...
Ask the Experts about this Blue Ox Base Plates
Do you have a question about this Base Plates?
- Parts Needed to Safely Flat Tow a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado
- You will need to check your owners manual or with the Chevrolet dealer to see if your 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 can be flat towed. Some vehicles must be equipped with a transmission lube pump, an axle disconnect, drive line disconnect or free-wheeling hubs before they can be towed. If the correct procedure is not followed it will cause severe damage to the transmission.
If you will be able to flat tow your vehicle, you will need a tow bar, base plate kit, safety cables, wiring, and a suppl
view full answer...
- Parts Needed to Flat Tow a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Behind a Motor Home
- Given that your 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 could easily get over the 5,000 pound limit of base plates # BX88152 I recommend going with a different set. The Roadmaster MX base plates, # 3154-3, are generally considered more heavy duty and are recommended for trucks and SUVs.
For a compatible tow bar, you will want a Roadmaster model that slides into the hitch on the RV. For a compatible tow bar that will match the capacity of your hitch and cover the vehicle weight, take a look at the Blackhawk
view full answer...
Chevrolet Silverado Accessories