Blue Ox Base Plate Kit - Fixed Arms - 2008 Colorado by Chevrolet
This strong and durable base plate kit is custom designed to fit your Chevrolet Colorado. The hidden reinforcements and absence of a support beam provide a clean look when your car is not being towed.
- Custom-fit base plates provide attachment points for tow bar
- Hidden reinforcement means that less of the bracket shows
- No crossbar support beam or large, protruding brackets
- Sturdy, dependable design
- Spreads towing force evenly to minimize weight placed on suspension
- Constructed of durable steel
- Simple installation - no welding required
- Bolts securely to your Chevrolet Colorado chassis
- Integrated mounting points let you easily attach an electrical connector plug or bracket (sold separately)
- Instructions and necessary hardware included
- Adaptable for use with Roadmaster tow bars with the Roadmaster Tow Bar Adapter (RM-031 or RM-031-5; sold separately)
- Made in USA
- Distance between brackets: 19"
- Fits Blue Ox Aventa, Aladdin, Alpha, Allure and Titan tow bars
- 3-Year warranty
Note: Tow bars rated for 5,000 lbs may not be able to handle the weight of your Chevrolet Colorado. Confirm that the weight of your Chevrolet Colorado fits within the capacity listed for your chosen tow bar.
BX1656 Blue Ox Standard Base Plate Kit
2008 Colorado by Chevrolet Owners Who Purchased This Base Plates Also Bought...
Ask the Experts about this Blue Ox Base Plates
Do you have a question about this Base Plates?
- Removing Fasteners that Hold the Front Fascia on a 2012 Chevy Colorado
- If they are the type of fasteners that you can pry out then the best tool for the job is a fastener removal tool # IB35260. It works much like the claw end of a hammer. You will be able to pry out the fasteners with ease using a tool like this. Since many of the fasteners now a days are plastic use caution when removing them so they do not break.
view full answer...
- Installation of Blue Ox Base Plates # BX1656 on 2007 Chevrolet Colorado
- The Blue Ox Base Plates, part # BX1656, are the correct base plates for your 2007 Chevrolet Colorado. Here are some installation notes when installing the # BX1656 base plates to your Colorado:
1. Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation
2. Requires some minor drilling
3. Requires some trimming of the belly pan
4. Tow hooks must be removed and remain off the vehicle after installation
The Blue Ox Adventurer Tow Bar, part # BX7322, can be used with these base plates
view full answer...
Chevrolet Colorado Accessories